In the absence of a formal Rule of Life, please see below my ethics code, written for Ethics 1 of the Clergy Training Program of Ár nDraíocht Féin. It informs my living without explicitly stating what should or should not be done.
As a Priest, I will uphold piety.
- I will keep the observances of the Wheel of the Year and maintain good relationships with the Kindreds.
- I will provide opportunities for my communities to participate in this worship, and encourage their contributions to such.
- I will maintain my personal relationships with my gods and spirits.
- I will walk gently upon the Earth, promoting stewardship and conservation.
As a Priest, I will live with integrity.
- I will obey the civil law and encourage my congregation and others to do the same.
- I will avoid any actions that may cause harm to others and speech that is untrue.
- I will maintain my body and spirit through healthy living and self-care.
As a Priest, I will espouse fairness.
- I will provide reasonable hospitality and guidance to any ADF member or person in my community who seeks it.
- I will ensure that all enquiries are answered promptly and with equal effort.
As a Priest, I will maintain confidentiality.
- I will maintain confidentiality for all privileged communications between myself and other ADF members, or other members of my community, excepting:
- where a duty to report exists in the law,
- where disclosure will prevent significant harm to others,
- with written consent of the other party.
As a Priest, I will maintain clear boundaries.
- I will represent my abilities honestly, and refer to others when I am unable to assist.
- I will not engage in sexual or other unequal relationships with other ADF members or those in my communities.
As a Priest, I will seek to improve my service.
- I will receive criticism with grace and make any appropriate changes.
- I will continue to seek education in relevant fields, that I may share my knowledge with others.